Here's what you need to use it:
- If you don't have it, grab a copy of Winamp from the Winamp download page. I usually skip the MP3 bundle that comes with the download.
- Install Winamp.
- Once Winamp is installed, you'll need to visit the PaceMaker Winamp plugin page and grab a copy of the installer.
- Install PaceMaker.
- To enable the PaceMaker plugin, go to "Tools" select the "Preferences" menu item.
- Scroll down on the left and click on "DSP/Effect" then select the "PaceMaker tempo controller" option in the right pane.
- Adjust the tempo to speed up the audio podcast. Then just play your MP3.
There's some simple yet useful math in here, but that'll be another post.